• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Unnamed Memory (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:47 pm Reply with quote
This week's episode left me feeling a bit confused as to what the show is going for. Is it epic action in an upcoming war arc? is it romance blooming between the main characters? or maybe it is a tragedy since they sure are setting up plenty of ominous flags.
Edjwald

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 5:33 am Reply with quote
I'm thinking this show might have lost some viewers on episode 3, as the 3 episode rule seems to be a real thing among anime fans, and I might have dropped the show myself if it had been on a day with more anime traffic. Which would be a shame, because in episode 4 the relationship between the two leads started to take on some...I dunno, texture? Layers? Depth? Anyway, it took the potential shown in episode 1 and started to develop it better. We also have the appearance of an enigmatic maid whose status as villain or ally seems flexible, and a start-up nation of mages that are likely up to no good. I liked it.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:09 am Reply with quote
I will keep watching it but the show indeed has issues. The romance is probably the biggest in that the show seems to make you want to believe that the couple is progressing and becoming closer while the viewer is not seeing any of it. The prince being so stubborn and in the latest episode a tad rapey does not help matters either. There is also a lack of focus in what the central story is supposed to be.
b-dragon

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 1:48 pm Reply with quote
The show, to me, has one big issue- the pacing. Unfortunately, so many issues spring into place because of the horrific pacing that the show seems riddled with flaws. Lack of an emotional core? Check. Uncertainty about what the core narrative is? Check. Absolutely rife with inconsistencies and oddities about character behavior, worldbuilding, and cause/effect? Also check.

I wanted to like this show. I think it has the ingredients to be compelling. But I just don't think it is, in its current state.
camseyeview140

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 3:59 pm Reply with quote
This show needs flavor. It's so dull. Like, I enjoyed the dynamic, even if it was questionable, but there isn't much here to really keep someone going. So many fantasy shows this season are boring and I hate that's the case.
Edjwald

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 4:05 am Reply with quote
Yah, I think I'm dropping it. I thought the show was picking up, but it was a one step forward, two steps lack kind of a situation.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 4:38 am Reply with quote
I get what they are going for, the love of the prince his life was taken away and they have differing views, truly a case of tragic love. The problem is that I still have yet to see anything that convinces me there is love though. Sigh, I am also on the verge of dropping this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2